Score: Lynchburg 18, Roanoke 10
Records: Roanoke 8-5, 4-2 ODAC | Lynchburg 8-4, 5-0 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Lynchburg took an 18-10 conference win over Roanoke on Friday night.
How it Happened:
- Lynchburg opened the game with two goals in the first five minutes of action before Peter Lindley and Daniel Medvetz both scored to even the game at 2-2 with 3:34 left in the first.
- The Hornets scored twice just 40 seconds apart in the second quarter to push ahead 5-3.
- A goal from Anthony Beccaria scored with 6:09 left in the half to bring it within one at 6-5.
- Lynchburg came out of halftime and used a 4-0 run to take a 13-6 lead with the last goal coming from Nick Willertz.
- John Heckler brought it within five at 14-9 with a goal just seven seconds into the fourth quarter but that was as close as the Maroons would get.
- Lindley had three goals while Jason Sarro had two and three assists for five points. Ian Davies made 16 saves on the night.
- Andrew Thomas scored four goals for Lynchburg followed by Kevin Rogers with three.
- The Hornets held a 55-36 edge in shots and a 39-31 lead in groundballs.
Up Next: Men's Lacrosse hosts Ferrum on Wednesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. in Salem.