Score: Roanoke 27, Randolph 3
Records: Roanoke 8-4, 4-1 ODAC | Randolph 3-8, 0-4 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Sixteen different Maroons scored in the 27-3 win at Randolph on Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- Brendan Devane busted open the scoring with a goal just 1:30 into the contest as Roanoke scored 12 straight goals in the first half, highlighted by three from Matthew Lintner, to push ahead 12-0.
- Roanoke held Randolph scoreless through the first 17:17 before Brett Pausic scored twice to in the second quarter to make it 12-2.
- A pair of goals from Jack Warren, both assisted by Wyatt Naylor, gave Roanoke a 16-2 lead before Naylor scored in the final minute of the first half to make it 17-3 at the intermission.
- Roanoke did not allow a goal in the second half and scored five goals in both the third and fourth quarters to close out the game.
- Ian Davies made one save in the first 15 minutes before giving way to Leroy Moser who made six saves throughout the next 22 minutes. Matt Federau made two saves in goal in the final 22 minutes.
- Jack Warren had a game-high four goals followed by Lintner and Jack Larkin with three. Larkin added two assists for a game-high five points.
- Roanoke won 20 of the 34 faceoffs on the night and held a 69-16 advantage in shots.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Lynchburg for a 7 p.m. match-up with the Hornets on Friday, April 5.