Posted: Mar 27, 2019
Score: Roanoke 20, Bridgewater 6
Records: Roanoke 7-3, 3-0 ODAC | Bridgewater 7-3, 0-3 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
How it Happened:
- Lindley notched the first goal of the game at the 11:31 mark of the first quarter to give Roanoke an early 1-0 lead.
- Sarro scored back-to-back goals in the second quarter at the 10-minute and the seven-minute mark to push ahead 5-2.
- Later in the second quarter, Brendan Devane scored twice just 21 seconds apart to make it a 7-3 game.
- Roanoke opened the second half with six unanswered goals as part of a 7-1 run throughout the entire third quarter with a goal from Sarro coming in the final 27 seconds to make it 15-6.
- The Maroons added five more goals in the final quarter with three coming from Lindley to close out the scoring.
- The final Bridgewater goal came in the last 2:50 of the third quarter as the Roanoke defense held to Eagles scoreless through the final 17:50.
- Ian Davies made 13 saves for the Maroons in the win while Hunter Bagby made 24 for the Eagles in the loss.
- Daniel Medvetz had two goals and four assists and Devane finished with four goals for RC.
Up Next: Men's Lacrosse faces No. 17 Washington and Lee on Saturday, March 30 in Salem.