Score: Roanoke 17, Guilford 8
Records: Roanoke 6-3 / 2-0 ODAC | Guilford 5-4 / 0-3 ODAC
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Jason Sarro had five goals and three assists as Roanoke topped Guilford 17-8 in ODAC Men's Lacrosse action on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke opened the game with a 6-0 run that was highlighted by three goals from Sarro in less than a three minute span.
- RC led 6-1 after the first quarter and would take an 8-2 lead into the locker room at the half thanks to a Brendan Devane goal with 5:52 left in the half.
- GC scored the first two goals of the second half, with a Connor Sweeny goal making it 8-4 with 11:19 left in the third quarter.
- Back-to-back goals by Peter Lindley and Matthew Lintner pushed the RC lead to 10-4 with 7:47 left in the third.
- Sarro would give RC an 11-4 lead after three quarters with a goal at the 2:12 mark.
- RC scored two of the first three goals to start the final quarter with a Sam Balch goal making it 13-5 with 13 minutes to play in the game.
- Lindley added three goals and two assists for five points on the day, while Lintner had two goals and three assists. Balch and Daniel Medvetz each had two goals as well. Ian Davies finished with 16 saves in the cage for RC.
- RC held a 63-41 edge in shots and 45-26 in groundballs. Griffin Buck led RC with eight groundballs, while Balch had five.
- Griffin Webber won 20-of-27 faceoffs on the day for the Maroons.
- Sweeney led GC with three goals and Jack Rogers had 31 saves for the Quakers.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. at Bridgewater.