Mar 12, 2019
Score: Roanoke 17, Kenyon 10
Records: Roanoke 3-3 | Kenyon 3-3
Location: Salem, Va.
How it Happened
- Roanoke scored three goals in the first four minutes of play with back-to-back goals by Sarro making it a 3-0 game.
- Kenyon got back-to-back goals to cut it to 3-2 before Sarro and Peter Lindley each scored to close out the first quarter and put RC up 5-2.
- Sam Humphrey got Kenyon to within 5-3 with a goal at the 12:26 mark of the second quarter but RC would go on a 4-0 run capped by a Brendan Devane goal that made the score 9-3 with 4:32 to go in the half.
- The Lords rallied and scored three unanswered goals in less than two minutes, cutting the RC lead to 9-6 on a Matt Pollack strike with 2:17 to go in the half.
- Sarro sent RC to the intermission with a 10-6 advantage after he scored a man-up goal with 33 seconds left.
- Roanoke led 12-8 after three quarters and got two goals from Lindley and a score from Sarro to go up 15-8 with just under eight minutes to go in the game.
- Sarro finished with six goals and four assists. Lindley had five goals and an assist. Devane and Matthew Lintner each had two goals for RC. 10 of Davies' 14 saves came in the first-half. John Heckler won 10 face-offs for Roanoke.
- The Maroons outshot Kenyon 53-37 and led in groundballs 32-27.
Up Next: Roanoke opens up ODAC play against Virginia Wesleyan on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. in Salem.