Mar 06, 2019
Score:Roanoke 12, No.9 Stevens 10
Records:Roanoke 2-2 | Stevens 3-1
How it Happened:
- With the score 2-1 Stevens, Roanoke got back-to-back goals from Lindley and Jason Sarro to take a 3-2 lead with 4:26 left in the first quarter.
- Lindley would give RC a 4-3 lead after one-quarter of play and Sarro opened the second quarter scoring with a strike with 6:44 left to play in the half that made it 5-3.
- The teams would exchange goals with RC holding a 6-4 lead at halftime after Daniel Medvetz scored with 3:44 to go in the second quarter.
- Lindley scored 21 seconds into the second half to make it a 7-4 game and the Maroons would score two more times, taking a 9-4 lead on a Sarro goal with eight minutes left on the clock.
- Dean Peluso pulled Stevens within four goals at 9-5, but Lindley scored before the end of the quarter to make it a 10-5 game.
- Brendan Devane scored for Roanoke 47 seconds into the four quarter to push the RC lead to 11-5.
- Stevens rallied with a 5-1 run with a Ryan Gebhardt man-up goal making it 12-10 with just under six minutes to go.
- That would be as close as Stevens would get as RC held the Ducks scoreless down the stretch, aided by three key saves from Davies in the final five minutes.
- Lindley finished with six goals. Sarro had three goals to go along with two assists. John Heckler won seven face-offs for RC, while Tim Aldinger had four caused turnovers to go along with three groundballs.
- Stevens was led by Max Bailey, Gebhardt, Eric Radbourne and Ryan Caplis who all had two goals.
- Stevens outshot Roanoke 47-34 and won the groundball battle 40-32.
Up Next: Roanoke will take on No. 10 Dickinson at 2:00 p.m. in Salem on Sunday.