Score: No. 13 Denison 20, No. 12 Roanoke 6
Records: Roanoke 1-2 | Denison 2-1
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 13 Denison used a 15-1 run that stretched over three quarters to top No. 12 Roanoke 20-6 in Salem on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
- Brooks Davey scored two goals halfway through the first quarter to give Denison a 2-0 lead with just under five minutes to go.
- RC's Daniel Medvetz made it 2-1 at the 3:08 mark before Spencer Butler closed out the first quarter scoring with a goal with 23 seconds left to give the Big Red a 3-1 advantage.
- Peter Lindley scored nine seconds into the second quarter to make it 3-2. Denison scored back-to-back goals before Medvetz made it a 5-3 game just under 12 minutes to go in the half.
- Jake Waxter scored for Denison with 10:31 to play and sparked what proved to be the decisive 15-1 run that put the game away for the Big Red.
- Roanoke outshot Denison 50-48, while the Big Red led 37-22 in groundballs.
- Medvetz finished with three goals, while Lindley had two. Ian Davies made five saves in the first-half for RC.
- Davy finished with five goals for Denison and Peter Pittroff had four. Reeves McKenny had 12 saves for the Big Red.
Up Next: Roanoke will face No. 10 Stevens at 4:00 p.m. Wednesday in Baltimore, Md.