Score: Lynchburg 13, Roanoke 8
Records: Roanoke 14-5 | Lynchburg 12-8
Location: Lexington, Va.
2018 ODAC Championship
The Lead: Fourth-seeded Lynchburg topped third-seeded Roanoke 13-8 in the 2018 ODAC Men's Lacrosse Championship game on Saturday.
How it Happened
- After LC took the lead 53 seconds into the game, Owen Curry scored to tie the game at 1-1 at the 12:49 mark of the first quarter.
- Colin McGuire scored for Lynchburg to put the Hornets up 2-1 with just over eight minutes to go.
- RC then rattled off three unanswered goals from Matthew Lintner, IV Stucker and Jason Sarro to push the Maroons ahead 4-2 with 11:56 left in the half.
- Trammel Robinson cut the RC lead to 4-3 before Stucker struck with 5:56 left in the half to make it 5-3.
- LC got back-to-back goals from Riley Schmidt and Robinson to tie the game at 5-5 and it would stay that way into halftime.
- A goal by Robinson at the 12:06 mark of the third quarter was the first of three LC goals in a span of 1:46 that gave the Hornets an 8-5 lead.
- Hayden Miller scored for Roanoke to make it 8-6 before LC got back-to-back goals to go up 10-6 with 8:52 left in the third quarter.
- Lynchburg was ahead 11-7 before Brendan Devane scored with just two seconds left in the quarter to pull RC within three at 11-8 heading into the fourth quarter.
- The score stayed that way until 9:54 left in the game when Eric Corella pushed LC ahead 12-8 and Evan Lombardo made it 13-8 Hornets with 8:25 left on the clock.
- Sarro and Stucker each finished with two goals for Roanoke, while Ian Davies had nine saves in the cage for RC.
- Conn Curry, Davies and Stucker were all named to the ODAC All-Tournament Team.
- Lynchburg held a 43-27 edge in shots and 33-20 in groundballs. The Hornets also won 18-of-24 face-offs.
Up Next: Roanoke will wait to hear if it receives an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Tournament on Sunday. The selection show will take place at 9:00 p.m. on NCAA.com.