Score: Roanoke 11, Bridgewater 5
Records: Roanoke 13-4 | Bridgewater 9-8
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 3 Roanoke topped sixth-seeded Bridgewater 11-5 in the ODAC Quarterfinals on Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- BC led 2-1 after the first quarter and the game would stay that way until 8:50 left in the second quarter when IV Stucker scored to tie the game and spark what would be five unanswered goals to end the half for the Maroons.
- Included in that run was three goals by Jason Sarro and a Stucker strike with 22 seconds left to send the teams to the intermission with RC up 6-2.
- The score remained that way until just under eight minutes left in the third quarter when Sarro scored a man-down goal to make it 7-2.
- Wyatt Naylor and Sarro each added goals later in the third to give RC a 9-2 lead heading into the fourth quarter.
- Sarro finished with five goals, while Naylor and Stucker each had three. Naylor also added two assists for five points.
- Ian Davies made 10 saves in net for RC, while Kevin Metzger made 13 stops for the Eagles.
- Eric Husselbaugh had two goals for BC and Daniel Brown had a goal and two assists.
- BC held a 43-36 edge in shots and RC won the groundball battle 30-24, led by Conn Curry with four.
Up Next: Roanoke will take on second-seeded Hampden-Sydney in the ODAC Semifinals on Friday at Washington and Lee at a time to be determined.