Score: No. 18 Roanoke 25, Bridgewater 4
Records Roanoke 11-4 / 6-2 ODAC | Bridgewater 8-6 / 2-5 ODC
The Lead: Roanoke used a 20-0 run to score a 25-4 victory over Bridgewater on Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened
- Garritt Schwarz, Matthew Lintner and Jason Sarro all scored to give RC a 3-0 lead with 1:44 to go in the first quarter.
- Blake Mann got BC on the board with 1:12 to play before Schwarz struck with just one second left to give RC a 4-1 lead after one quarter.
- Brendan Devane scored at the 13:34 mark of the second quarter in what would be the first of 10 in the second frame, as a goal by Wyatt Naylor sent RC to the locker room with a 14-1 lead at intermission.
- The Maroons came out of the break and scored three goals in the first four minutes of the third quarter with back-to-back Jason Sarro strikes making it 17-1.
- RC would score three more goals in the third quarter then the first three of the fourth with a Lintner goal putting RC in front 23-1.
- Sixteen different Maroons registered points led by Sarro who had nine. Sarro finished with three goals and six assists. Devane, Schwarz, Naylor and Lintner each had three goals.
- Ian Davies made eight saves in 37 minutes of work and led a Maroon defense that held BC scoreless for close to 40 minutes during the 20-0 run.
- RC outshot BC 63-25, held a 42-25 edge in groundball and forced 26 Eagle turnovers.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday at Virginia Wesleyan at 1:00 p.m. as the Maroons close out the regular season.