Score: Hampden-Sydney 10, No. 16 Roanoke 9
Records: Roanoke 9-4 / 4-2 ODAC | Hampden-Sydney 9-4 / 5-1 ODAC
Location: Hampden-Sydney, Va.
The Lead: Hampden-Sydney scored a pair of goals in the final 2:23 to upend No. 16 Roanoke 10-9 on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- Hampden-Sydney led 4-1 after the first quarter behind three Ian Levin goals.
- Back-to-back goals by IV Stucker and Garritt Schwarz cut the H-SC lead to 4-3 with 12:35 left in the half.
- The Tigers scored the next two goals of the quarter to take a 6-3 lead into the locker room at intermission.
- Goals by Stucker and Jason Sarro to start the third quarter made it a 6-5 contest.
- After H-SC scored to go up 7-5, RC rattled off three straight goals, pushing ahead 8-7 on a Schwarz man-up strike with just over four minutes to go in the quarter.
- The game would be tied 8-8 heading into the final quarter before Brendan Devane scored to give RC a 9-8 edge with 5:45 to play in the game.
- H-SC got a score from Chandler Shaheen to tie the game and then Connor Pool scored a man-up goal with 26 seconds left to give the Tigers the win.
- For RC, Ian Davies stopped 16 shots in the cage, while Griffin Weber won 14-of-17 face-offs. Daniel Medvetz scored three times and Stucker recorded two goals and two assists.
- H-SC outshot Roanoke 49-44 while the Maroons led 33-27 in ground balls.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Randolph-Macon at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.