Score: Washington and Lee 11, No. 10 Roanoke 10
Records: Roanoke 6-3 / 2-1 ODAC | Washington and Lee 7-3 / 3-0 ODAC
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: Washington and Lee used a second-half rally to top No. 10 Roanoke 11-10 on Saturday.
How it Happened
- IV Stucker scored just 36 seconds into the game on a feed from Jason Sarro to give RC an early 1-0 lead.
- Goals by Wyatt Naylor and Garritt Schwarz extended the RC lead to 3-0 with 12:37 to go in the first quarter.
- W&L cut the RC lead to 3-2 before Brendan Devane and Schwarz each struck for goals to give RC a 5-2 advantage after one quarter of play.
- Stucker scored at the 9:52 mark of the second quarter before Schwarz tallied a goal just over a minute later to make it a 7-2 game.
- A.J. Witherell got W&L to within a 7-3 deficit but Devane and Stucker each scored to close out the half and send RC up 9-3 at the intermission.
- The Generals came out in the second-half and scored the first four goals before Daniel Kravit scored to make it 10-7 with 2:46 to play in the third quarter.
- W&L scored four unanswered goals in the fourth quarter to take the win.
- Schwarz and Stucker each had three goals for the Maroons. Ian Davies made 22 saves in the loss for RC
Up Next: Roanoke is back home on Wednesday when it hosts Christopher Newport at 4:00 p.m.