Score: No. 12 Roanoke 21, Shenandoah 5
Records: Roanoke 6-1 / 2-0 | Shenandoah 3-5 / 0-2
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: No. 12 Roanoke used 12 first-half goals en route to a 21-5 ODAC win over Shenandoah Saturday afternoon in Winchester, Va.
How it Happened
- With the score tied at 1-1 halfway through the first quarter, an Owen Curry goal at the 7:45 mark sparked the first of five unanswered goals to close the opening 15 minutes for the Maroons.
- Goals by Brendan Devane and Jason Sarro to open the second quarter put RC on top 8-1 with 10:45 to play in the half.
- After Eric Sawyer scored for SU to make it 8-2, Garritt Schwarz and Tim Aldinger scored to push the RC lead to 10-2 with just under five minutes to play in the second.
- Goals by Curry and Hayden Miller in the closing minutes of the half sent RC to the locker room up 12-3 at intermission.
- Roanoke came out and scored the first three goals of the third quarter, taking a 15-3 lead on a goal by Curry at the 9:51 mark.
- Curry finished with six goals for Roanoke, while Sarro had three goals to go along with four assists. Schwarz finished with three goals and two assists, while Miller, Devane and Anthony Beccaria each scored twice.
- Ian Davies was one of three Maroons to play in goal and made seven saves.
- Roanoke outshot SU 46-23 and had the advantage in groundballs 38-25, led by Aldinger with six.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Wednesday when it hosts No. 9 Wesleyan at 7:00 p.m.