Score:No. 17 Roanoke 13, No. 12 Dickinson 9
Records:Roanoke 4-1 | Dickinson 2-3
The Lead: No. 17 Roanoke got 15 saves from Ian Davies as the Maroons topped No. 12 Dickinson 13-9 on the road Thursday afternoon.
How it Happened
- The score was tied 2-2 at the end of the first quarter with the Maroons getting goals from Owen Curry and Tommy McAleer in the first 15 minutes.
- Garritt Schwarz put the Maroons up 3-2, before a Jason Sarro strike made it a 4-2 game with 7:36 to play in the half.
- Following a goal by Dylan Maher of Dickinson that made the game 4-3, IV Stucker picked up an unassisted goal with just 16 seconds remaining in the half to send the teams to the locker room with RC in front 5-3.
- McAleer opened the second-half scoring with a goal at the 12:22 mark, pushing the RC lead to 6-3.
- Brendan Devane would score to put Roanoke on top 7-3 with 9:25 to play in the third quarter.
- With the score 7-4, Curry and Schwarz each picked up goals to give RC a 9-4 advantage heading into the final quarter.
- Maher struck again with just over 10 minutes to go in the game to make the score 9-5.
- Daniel Medvetz scored less than a minute after Maher's goal and sparked a 4-0 run by the Maroons that was capped by a Curry goal with 5:10 to play and made the score 13-5 Roanoke.
- Eleven of Davies' saves came in the first-half. Curry finished with three goals, while McAleer, Medvetz, Sarro and Schwarz each had a pair.
- Roanoke outshot Dickinson 41-37, while Dickinson held a slim 34-33 edge in groundballs. Tim Aldinger had five groundballs for RC and Daniel Kravit had four.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to Randolph for its ODAC opener at 2:00 p.m.