Score: Roanoke 23, Sewanee 5
Records: Roanoke 2-0 | Sewanee 2-2
Location: Salem, Va. | Kerr Stadium
The Lead: No. 18 Roanoke scored 12 unanswered goals to start the second-half to run away with a 23-5 win over Sewanee in men's lacrosse action on Saturday.
How it Happened
- With Sewanee up 1-0, Tommy McAleer got RC on the board on an assist from IV Stucker to tie the game.
- Stucker then fed Garritt Schwarz and Jason Sarro for back-to-back goals to give Roanoke a 3-1 edge after the first quarter.
- Sarro opened the second quarter scoring with a goal two minutes in before Brendan Devane tallied a goal to make it 5-1 with 10:21 to go in the half.
- Sewanee cut the lead to 5-3 before Schwarz and Sarro struck 32 seconds apart, pushing RC's lead to 7-3 with 6:12 to go.
- RC led 8-4 at half-time and Devane sparked the first of six third-quarter goals with a tally at the 12:51 mark. The final goal of the quarter came off the stick of McAleer to make it a 14-4 game heading into the fourth.
- Wyatt Naylor then scored 20 seconds in to make it 15-4 and was the first of seven Maroon goals to start the final period, with the last goal of the run coming from Naylor at the 4:41 mark, making it a 21-4 game.
- Sixteen different Maroons registered at least one point led by Sarro who had six on four goals and two assists. Stucker had two goals and three assists for five points, while Schwarz finished with four goals of his own and Naylor tallied three.
- Three different Maroons saw time in the cage. Ian Davies played close to 50 minutes, making 10 saves.
- RC held a 60-32 edge in shots and a 39-29 edge in groundballs led by Schwarz with six.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Eastern at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday.