Score: No. 3 Lynchburg 14, No. 2 Roanoke 11
Records: Roanoke 12-4 | Lynchburg 13-5
Location: Lexington, Va. | Washington and Lee University
The Lead: CJ Santora made 22 saves as third-seeded Lynchburg was able to hold on for a 14-11 ODAC Semifinal win over second-seed Roanoke on Friday.
How it Happened
- Roanoke scored the first goal of the game when Hayden Miller struck to make it 1-0 at the 11:38 mark of the first quarter.
- Andrew Thomas scored the first of five unanswered goals with eight minutes to go before Thomas capped the run with a tally at the 13:33 mark of the second quarter to make it 5-1.
- A Jason Sarro goal less than a minute later made the score 5-2, but LC would score four of the next five goals to take a 9-3 lead before a Cameron Linsley goal with 24 seconds left in the half sent the teams to the intermission with the Hornets leading 9-4.
- LC came out in the second-half and scored the first two goals, moving in front 11-4 on an Evan Lombardo goal with 8:03 to go in the third quarter.
- Back to back goals by Sarro and Kevin Jackson pulled RC within 11-6 with 6:44 to go in the third quarter.
- With the score 12-6, Roanoke went on 5-1 run that was capped by a Peter Lindley strike to make it 13-11 with 3:58 to play.
- That would be as close as RC would get as Lynchburg was able to hold on for the victory.
- Lindley finished with three goals, while Miller, Linsley and Sarro each had two. Ian Davies finished with nine saves for RC.
- Roanoke outshot LC 57-35 and held a 31-29 edge in groundballs
- Lombardo had six goals, while Thomas added four.