Score: No. 18 Roanoke 17, Randolph-Macon 6
Records: Roanoke 10-3, 6-1 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 7-7, 3-3 ODAC
Location: Ashland, Va.
The Lead: No. 18 Roanoke extended its school record with its ninth consecutive 10 win season with a 17-6 victory over Randolph-Macon on Saturday.
How it Happened
- Roanoke scored four goals in the first four and a half minutes of the game, getting tallies from Peter Lindley, two from Jason Sarro and one from IV Stucker.
- With the score 5-2 RC, a Sarro strike with 3:35 left in the first quarter made the score 6-2 and sparked a seven goal run for the Maroons that was capped by Kevin Jackson who made it 12-2 with just under eight minutes to go in the half.
- RC led 12-3 at half-time then came out in the third quarter and got goals from Sarro and Stucker to push ahead 14-3 with 9:16 to play in the third quarter.
- Sarro finished with a team-high four goals. Cameron Linsley and Brendan Devane each had a hat trick, Stucker finished with two goals and three assists, while Jackson had a goal and two assists.
- Ian Davies made six saves in 45 minutes of time between the pipes for RC. Burke McManus made two saves in 13 minutes of action.
- Roanoke outshot R-MC 65-29 and a held a 47-28 edge in groundballs. Linsley finished with five gb's for RC.
Up Next: Roanoke will return to action on Wednesday at Bridgewater at 4:00 p.m.