Finish: Roanoke College finished 6th out of 12 teams at the Green Turtle Invitational hosted by Shenandoah
Results: Day One - 310 (T7) | Day Two - 312 (6th)
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: The Maroons rallied from a seventh place tie after the opening round to finish in sixth, just four strokes out of the top five.
How it Happened:
- Nicholas Peters, Owen Grayson, and Cameron Dillon all finished in the top 20 of a field that included 78 golfers.
- Peters paced the Maroons with an opening round 75 with Grayson and Justin Grenier each carding a 77.
- Day two saw Dillon shoot a three over par 74, sixth lowest round of the day. Grayson added a 78 with Peters and Evan Diebus shooting an 80.
- Corey Hackett competed as an individual and finished 10th in a group of 18 golfers that competed unattached.
- Roanoke finished fifth of the eight ODAC teams competing in the tournament.
Up next: The Maroons will travel to Harrisonburg early next week to compete in the Tom Kinder Memorial Golf Tournament, hosted by Bridgewater College.