Score: Roanoke 87 | Wilson 60
Records: Maroons 4-2 | Phoenix 1-6
Location: Huntingdon, Pa.
The Lead: After winning their own tip-off tournament, the Roanoke men looked to make it 4-0 in tip-off events this season when they took on Wilson on day two of the Comfort Inn Tip-Off Classic. RC would make 16 of their 30, three point, attempts on their way to a 27 point win over the Phoenix.
How it Happened:
- Caleb Jordan got the afternoon off quickly with a three ball but Wilson would respond with five straight to take their first lead of the matchup. However, Dillon Thomas connected on his first three pointer of the game to give the Maroons the lead for good.
- After a jumper by Joe Mikalauskas, the advantage was seven at the mid-way point of the first half. RC would stretch the lead out to 15 before a late Phoenix rally would cut the deficit to 10.
- Brayden Gault scored the final four points of the half and the Maroons took a 13 point edge into the half.
- The advantage was 12 when Gault re-entered the game with 17:11 left to play and after 10 first half points, the sophomore promptly hit his first three of the game. Over the next 15 minutes of play, Gault and Thomas would combine to score 30 of the team's 45 second half points and Roanoke would improve to 4-2 on the season.
- Gault led all scorers with 28 while Thomas scored all 15 of his points from beyond the arc. Mikalauskas added 14 and Jordan scored 13.
- Gault also led the team with 11 rebounds, Mikalauskas seven, and Efosa Edosomwan added four. Jordan, Edosomwan, and Nick Price combined for 15 of RC's 25 assists with Mikalauskas and Ethan Rohan each recording a blocked shot.
- For their efforts, Mikalauskas and Jordan were named to the 2019 Comfort Inn Tip-Off Classic All Tournament team with Jordan claiming the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award.
Up next: Roanoke will be on the road on the Sunday after Thanksgiving against Averett before returning home to open up ODAC play on Wednesday the 4th of December.