Score: Roanoke 77 | St. Elizabeth 58
Records: Maroons 3-2 | Eagles 3-2
Location: Huntingdon, Pa.
The Lead: Roanoke traveled to Juniata for the Comfort Inn Tip Off Classic on Friday evening. The Maroons faced St. Elizabeth in their opening round game, racing out to a 14-4 lead on their way to a near 20 point win over the Eagles.
How it Happened:
- After a St. Elizabeth turnover, Dillon Thomas scored to give Roanoke a lead that they would hold for the entire 40 minutes. Efosa Edosomwan converted a pair of free throws before Thomas hit a three and Roanoke was off and running.
- With 12:30 remaining before the break, Nick Price would push the RC advantage to 15, their largest lead of the first 20 minutes.
- The Eagles would begin to cut into the deficit, trimming the lead to six with just over two minutes to play. Tripp Greene scored and added a free throw in the closing seconds to give Roanoke a nine point edge at the half.
- The Maroons would hold a big advantage from the field, 48% to just 34.4% for St. Elizabeth.
- The second half would see Thomas again kick off the scoring and then Caleb Jordan netted seven straight to seize control as RC pushed their lead to as many as 21 (62-4, 6:40).
- The Eagles would make a couple of runs but never cut the second half deficit to single digits as Roanoke improved their record to 3-2.
- Edosomwan led all scorers with 18 while Thomas would add 17. Jordan, Greene, and Brandon Harrell all scored nine points with Jordan handing out a game high six assists. Ethan Rohan, Thomas, Edosowman, and Joe Mikalauskas all secured six rebounds.
Up next: RC will face Wilson College tomorrow at 2:00pm as they wrap up tournament play.