Score: No. 2 Guilford 67, No. 6 Roanoke 65
Records: Roanoke 19-8 | Guilford 20-7
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Second-seeded Guilford slipped by sixth-seeded Roanoke 67-65 in the Semifinals of the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) Men's Basketball Tournament.
How it Happened
- In the first-half, a layup by Carson Long gave Guilford a 20-14 lead with eight minutes to play.
- RC went on a 10-4 spurt, tying the game 24-24 on a C.J. Miles three-pointer with just under five minutes in the first.
- A Marcus Curry jumper with under a minute to go made it 31-29 game in favor of Guilford heading into halftime.
- The Quakers came out and scored the first eight points of the second-half and took a 39-29 lead on a Jaylen Gore three-pointer with 18 minutes to go in the game.
- With the score 41-31 Guilford, RC went on a 16-5 run as the Maroons took a 45-44 lead on a Tripp Greene bucket with 12:19 to play.
- Roanoke led 55-50 before the Quakers would on an 8-2 and take the lead on a Joah Logan three-pointer at the 3:47 mark.
- The score was 60-60 when Greene hit a three-pointer with 2:05 to lead 63-60.
- GC scored seven unanswered points, pushing ahead 67-63 on a jumper by Curry with 1:01 on the clock.
- Dillon Thomas cut the deficit to 67-65 with a jumper with 49 seconds left and the Maroons would get a stop on GC's ensuing possession.
- Roanoke had a chance to tie the game as time expired but its attempt fell short, giving GC the win.
- Miles finished with 18 points for Roanoke, while Greene had 17. Thomas had 11 points and Josh Freund had 10 points to go along with 15 rebounds.
- Carson Long finished with 18 points for Guilford, Curry had 14 points, Gore finished with 13 and Kyler Gregory had 10. Gregory and Curry had 15 and 10 rebounds, respectively to help Guilford to a 42-28 edge on the glass.
- Roanoke finishes the season with a 19-8 overall record.