Score: Roanoke 81, Bridgewater 68
Records: Roanoke: 18-7 / 11-5 ODAC | Bridgewater 12-13 / 7-9 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke College wrapped up the regular season with a 81-64 ODAC Men's Basketball win over Bridgewater on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- A Dimetri Chambers three-pointer made it a 14-8 game, in favor of RC, four and half minutes into the game.
- Roanoke would go on a 12-3 run, taking a 26-11 advantage on a Nick Price basket at the 9:33 mark in the first.
- A pair of free-throws by Joe Mikalauskas with just under seven minutes to go made it 32-14 before a three-pointer from Mikalauskas put RC up 40-21 with two minutes to go in the half.
- Mikalauskas scored a three-point play to open the second-half and made the score 43-25 RC.
- With Roanoke leading 43-29, the Maroons scored six straight points, pushing their lead to 49-29 with 15:38 to go in the game.
- A pair of Davrion Green free-throws cut the RC lead to 53-37, but the Maroons used an 11-3 spurt to take a 64-41 lead with 7:32 left in regulation.
- Mikalauskas led RC with 21 points, while Tripp Greene had 20 points off the bench. Dillon Thomas had 13 points and C.J. Miles had 12. Josh Freund finished with 10 points to go along with seven rebounds. Miles also finished with nine rebounds as well.
- TJ Turner led Bridgewater with 16 points and Chambers finished with 11.
- Roanoke shot 25-of-57 (43.9%) for the game, while Bridgewater was 23-of-57 (40.4%) from the floor.
Up Next: Roanoke closes out the regular season and will await the seeding for the 2019 ODAC Tournament.