Score: Roanoke 72, Ferrum 59
Records: Roanoke 17-7 / 10-5 ODAC | Ferrum 5-19 / 4-11 ODAC
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 72-59 ODAC road win at Ferrum on Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- The first-half was back and forth through the first 13 minutes of play with neither team able to open up more than a four point lead.
- A jump shot by Josh Freund gave RC an 18-16 lead and sparked a 10-5 spurt by the Maroons that gave them a 26-21 advantage with four minutes to play in the half.
- With RC leading 26-23, the Maroons used a 10-3 run that was capped by Dillon Thomas three-pointer that made the score 36-26 with 1:42 left in the half.
- Ferrum would score the final five points of the half to send the teams into the locker room with RC leading 36-31.
- The Maroons came out in the second-half and went on a 10-2 run, taking a 46-33 lead on a Nick Price jumper with 16:22 to play in the game.
- Roanoke would later use a 9-3 spurt to widen its lead to 63-46 on a Brandon Harrell three-pointer with just over seven minutes to go in the game.
- Thomas knocked down five three-pointers on his way to a game-high 20 points in the win. Freund finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Maroons, while Joe Mikalauskas had 14 points to go along with eight rebounds.
- Roanoke was 26-of-51 (48.1%) from the floor, including 12 three-pointers. Ferrum finished the game shooting 22-of-57 (38.6%) for the game.
- The Panthers were led by Rashad Reed with 17 points.
Up Next: Roanoke host Bridgewater on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. in the regular season finale.