Score: Roanoke 76, Guilford 59
Records: Roanoke 16-7 / 9-5 ODAC | Guilford 16-6 / 10-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke used a 16-0 run to open the second-half to score a 76-59 ODAC Men's Basketball win over Guilford.
How it Happened
- The first-half featured five ties and 12 lead changes as neither team was able to open up more than a four point lead.
- With GC leading 27-26, back-to-back buckets by Caleb Jordan put RC up 30-27 with just under a minute to play in the first-half.
- Baskets by Marcus Curry and Jaylen Gore in the final 40 seconds would send Guilford to the locker room with a 31-30 advantage at the half.
- A Josh Freund three-point play to start the second-half sparked what would prove to be a 16-0 run by the Maroons. RC took a 46-31 lead following a Joe Mikalauskas three-pointer with 16 minutes to go in the game.
- After GC would cut the lead to 13 with 12 minutes to go, a three-pointer by Mikalauskas and a bucket by Freund extended the RC lead to 59-41 with 10:16 to play.
- Guilford was able to pull within 10 with two minutes to go but RC hit 7-of-8 free-throws down the stretch to put the game away.
- Mikalauskas knocked down five three-pointers on his way to a game-high 19 points. Jordan scored 17 points, C.J. Miles finished with 14 and Freund had 10 points go along with 15 rebounds.
- RC shot 51.0% for the game, making 26-of-51 shots, including 14-of-24 (51.0%) in the second-half. Guilford made 25-of-64 (39.1%) shots on the night.
- The Quakers were led by 18 points from Kyler Gregory. Curry finished with 13 and Carson Long had 10.
Up Next: Roanoke will be off until Feb. 13 when it travels to Ferrum for a 7:00 p.m. game.