Score: No. 9 Randolph-Macon 71 | Roanoke 51
Records: Roanoke 15-7, 8-5 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 20-2, 12-1 ODAC
Location: Ashland, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke dropped a 71-51 conference contest to No. 9 Randolph-Macon on the road Saturday.
How it Happened:
- Josh Freund led Roanoke with 23 points and 11 rebounds followed by Caleb Jordan and Tripp Greene who each had seven points in the loss.
- A lay-up from C.J. Miles made it 14-8 Randolph-Macon just over eight minutes into the contest.
- The Yellow Jackets used an 11-2 run to take a 32-17 advantage, following a bucket from Jon Nowell, with 2:45 left in the first half.
- Nick Price made a three-pointer six minutes into the second half to make it 49-31 R-MC.
- Roanoke closed the gap, scoring eight of the last 10 points in the final 3:22 of the game.
- The Maroons shot 45.5% on the day, connecting on 20-of-44 attempts while R-MC was 50.0%, going 28-for-56.
- The Yellow Jackets were paced by Luke Neely with 20 points and Buzz Anthony with 16 points.
Up Next: Men's Basketball hosts Guilford on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. in the Cregger Center.