Score: Roanoke 78, No. 21 Lynchburg 56
Records: Roanoke 15-6 / 8-4 ODAC | Lynchburg 18-3 / 8-4 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Josh Freund had 29 points and 13 rebounds as Roanoke topped No. 21 Lynchburg 78-56 in ODAC Men's Basketball action.
How it Happened:
- A Connor Schroeder basket made the score 9-6 Roanoke 4:30 into the game. Roanoke would then score 14 of next 16 points and took a 23-8 lead on a Tripp Greene jumper with just under 10 minutes to go in the half.
- Greene connected on a three-pointer with 8:24 to go in the first-half that widened the Maroon lead to 28-10.
- With 2:34 to go in the half, Lynchburg scored six consecutive points to cut the RC lead to 37-26 with 1:16 to play.
- A Caleb Jordan bucket with under a minute to go sent the teams to the locker room with RC leading 39-26.
- The Maroons lead was 48-35 with 16:39 to play. RC would use a 7-0 run, taking a 55-35 lead with 12:31 to go in the game.
- Lynchburg cut the Roanoke lead to 67-53 after an Austin Wrighten basket with five minutes to go in the game.
- That would be as close as the Hornets would get as Joe Mikalauskas scored to put the advantage back to 16. That would be followed by a Freund score and a three-pointer by Mikalauskas making it 74-53 with 2:21 to go in the game.
- Freund finished the game with 29 points and 13 rebounds. Mikalauskas finished with a season-high 18 points and Greene came off the bench to score 15 points of his own. Caleb Jordan finished with six assists to go along with nine points in the win.
- RC shot 33-of-55 (60%) for the game and held a 37-28 edge on the glass.
- Chance Greene scored 23 points for Lynchburg, while Wrighten had 15 points. Lynchburg finished the game shooting 33.9% from the floor, making 21-of-62 shots, including just 9-of-33 from beyond the three-point line.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to No. 9 Randolph-Macon for a 4:30 p.m. ODAC game.