Score:Roanoke 73, Randolph 51
Records:Roanoke 14-5 / 7-3 ODAC | Randolph 7-12 / 2-8 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Four Maroons scored double-digits in Roanoke's 73-51 conference win over Randolph Wednesday evening in Salem.
How it Happened:
- The score was tied at nine five minutes into the contest before the Maroons used a 10-2 spurt to open up a 19-11 advantage with 11:51 to play.
- Randolph would cut the lead to 19-15, but Roanoke put together a 19-4 run that was capped by a Brandon Harrell three-pointer which made the score 35-18 with 3:16 to play in the first-half.
- RC led 41-25 at the intermission and would score the first 11 points of the second stanza, going up 52-25 on a C.J. Miles three-pointer three minutes into the half.
- Roanoke held the WildCats scoreless through the first seven minutes of the second half, opening up its lead to 29 following a jumper from Caleb Jordan with 14:01 left on the clock.
- Randolph brought it within 17, following a three-point play from Brian Smith with 3:18 remaining but that would be as close as the WildCats would get.
- Tripp Greene led the way with 14 points while Jordan, Miles and Josh Freund each added 10. Freund also tallied a game-high 12 rebounds.
- The Maroons were 22-for-49 on the night for 44.9% shooting while holding Randolph to 35.3% (18-for-51).
- Smith had 14 points for Randolph followed by Sammy Hooper with 10.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to Virginia Wesleyan for a 4:30 p.m. ODAC game.