Score: Roanoke 85, Shenandoah 63
Records: Roanoke 13-5 / 6-3 ODAC | Shenandoah 5-13 / 1-7 ODAC
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: Four players scored in double-figures as Roanoke topped home standing Shenandoah 85-63 on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
- The score was tied at 16 with 11 minutes to go in the first-half. RC scored eight of the next nine points, taking a 24-17 lead following a Joe Mikalauskas three-pointer with 9:24 to play in the half.
- Roanoke led 31-24 with 5:36 to play and would close the half with a 14-5 spurt that was finished off by a Mikalauskas three-pointer in the closing seconds sending the teams to the locker room with RC leading 45-29.
- RC scored the first seven points of the second-half with a Josh Freund three-pointer putting the Maroons up 52-29 with 17:20 to go in the game.
- The Maroons led 52-32 and used an 18-6 run to put the game away as a three-pointer by Caleb Jordan made the score 70-38 with 9:25 left in regulation.
- Roanoke was led by Mikalauskas and Freund who each scored 15 points in the win. C.J. Miles and Jordan each finished with 13 points. Freund grabbed 11 rebounds for his eighth double-double of the season. Jordan and Nick Price each dished out four assists in the win.
- Shenandoah got 14 points and six rebounds from Christopher Chaney in the loss. Jaylan Williams also had nine points for SU.
- Roanoke made 55% of its shots on the day as the Maroons connected on 34-of-61 attempts from the floor. SU was 22-of-60 (36.0%) in the loss.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Randolph at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.