Score: Emory & Henry 76, Roanoke 56
Records: Roanoke 12-5, 5-3 ODAC | Emory & Henry 11-6, 4-4 ODAC
Location: Emory, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke dropped a 76-56 decision at Emory & Henry Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- Josh Freund led Roanoke with 17 points and nine rebounds followed by Tripp Greene and Dillon Thomas who each had nine points.
- The first 10 minutes was back and forth with neither team able to open up more than a four-point lead.
- With the score 19-19, E&H got a basket from Jordan Grant and a three-pointer from Jarris Hendricks to take a five-point advantage with 7:45 to play.
- RC would score five straight points to tie the game back up with 6:24 left. The Wasps would then go on to close the half with a 15-5 run in the final six minutes and take a 39-29 advantage into the locker room at halftime.
- Roanoke's Caleb Jordan came out and started the second-half with a three-pointer to make it 39-32. E&H scored 20 of the next 27 points, extending its lead to 59-39 with 12:34 to play in the game.
- A three-pointer from Greene made it a 66-54 EHC game with 5:35 to go in regulation but that was close as the Maroons would get as Emory & Henry scored seven points in the final four minutes.
- The Wasps were paced by Tharon Suggs with 20 points and Daniel Spencer with 17.
- Roanoke was 20-for-51 from the field, shooting 39.2% on the night while E&H was 30-for-61 for 49.2%.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Shenandoah for a 4:00 p.m. ODAC game on Saturday.