Score: Roanoke 72, Guilford 65
Records: Roanoke 11-4 / 4-2 ODAC | Guilford 10-5 / 4-2 ODAC
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: C.J. Miles led three Maroons in double-figures with 18 points as Roanoke scored a 72-65 ODAC win at Guilford on Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- With the score tied 10-10 with just under 13 minutes to go in the first-half, RC went on an 11-0 run that was capped by a Brandon Harrell three-pointer that made the score 21-20 with 9:46 to play.
- Guilford scored nine of the next 12 points with a Marcus Curry three-point play making the score 24-19 with just under seven minutes to go in the half.
- The teams would head to the locker room with Roanoke leading 32-25 after Miles drained a buzzer-beating three-pointer.
- The Maroon would maintain a lead throughout the second-half with a Dillon Thomas bucket putting RC in front 58-44 with 8:20 left in regulation.
- A Joe Mikalauskas three-pointer with 6:12 to go put RC ahead 63-49.
- Guilford attempted to rally going on an 11-3 run, pulling to within six at 66-60 with 1:12 left on the clock.
- That would be as close as GC would get as Miles and Thomas would each make two free-throws and Mikalaukas would end the game with a dunk to secure the win.
- Joining Miles in double-digits was Josh Freund who had 12 points to go along with 14 rebounds. Caleb Jordan also finished with 10 points.
- Curry and Kyler Gregory each finished with 15 points for Guilford.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Eastern Mennonite at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.