Score: Roanoke 77, Bridgewater 67
Records: Roanoke 10-4 / 3-2 ODAC | Bridgewater 7-7 / 2-3 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke earned a 77-67 ODAC road win over Bridgewater on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- With the score 18-11 Bridgewater in the first-half, Roanoke scored the next seven points, capped by a jumper from Dillon Thomas to even the game at 18-18 with 10:57 left.
- In the final 10 minutes of the first-half, neither team was able to open up more than a five point lead. Brandon Harrell knocked down a three-pointer in the final seconds to give RC a 42-41 advantage heading into the intermission.
- A layup from Nick Price gave Roanoke a 53-48 lead seven minutes into the second half.
- At the 10:20 mark, Caleb Jordan made a bucket that sparked a 9-0 run for the Maroons as a three-pointer from C.J. Miles gave them a 62-51 advantage with just over eight minutes to play.
- Bridgewater was able to chip away and cut the Roanoke lead to 71-65 with 2:15 to go in the game following a TJ Turner three-pointer.
- That would be as close as the Eagles would get as RC would knock down 7-of-8 free-throws in the final 1:59 to secure the win.
- Roanoke was led by Josh Freund who had a game-high 24 points to go along with seven rebounds. Caleb Jordan and Tripp Greene each finished with 12 points, while Harrell had 11. RC shot 29-of-51 (56.9%) on the day, including eight three-pointers.
- Bridgewater was paced by Dimetri Chambers who had 18 points for the Eagles. Chandler Murray had 15 points off the bench. Davrion Grier had 11 points, while Josh Cammon had 10. BC shot 25-of 60 (41.7%) from the field, including 12-of-32 from beyond the three-point line.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Guilford on Wednesday, Jan. 9 for a 7:30 p.m. match up with the Quakers.