Score: Roanoke 90, Frostburg 68
Records: Roanoke 8-3 | Frostburg State 4-5
Location: Salem, Va. | Cregger Invitational
The Lead: Roanoke opened up the Cregger Invitational with a 90-68 win over Frostburg State on Saturday.
How it Happened
- With the score 18-14 Maroons with 13 minutes to play in the first-half, Roanoke got a bucket from Caleb Jordan that would spark what proved to be a 21-3 run that was capped by another Jordan basket that made the score 39-17 with seven minutes to play.
- A bucket by Jordan in the final seconds of the half sent Roanoke to the locker room with a 51-26 lead.
- A three-pointer from Joe Mikalauskas three minutes into the second-half extended the RC advantage to 29 points at 63-34.
- The Roanoke lead would hit as a many as 32 points when a Nick Price layup made the score 83-51 with 5:37 to go in the game.
- Josh Freund led Roanoke with a game-high 21 points in the win. Mikalauskas finished with 14 points, while C.J. Miles and Jordan each chipped in with 12 points for RC.
- Roanoke shot 57.9% for the game, making 33-of-57 from the floor, including 11 three-pointers.
- Frostburg State was led by Edwin Cole who had 16 points. Daniel Alexander had 14 points and Torrin Stephens had 10. Cole grabbed a game-high nine rebounds to help FSU to a 40-35 edge on the glass.
- The Bobcats finished the game shooting 24-of-67 (35.8%) from the floor.
Up Next: Roanoke wraps up the Cregger Invitational at 2:00 p.m. Sunday when it takes on Mary Washington.