Score: Roanoke 82, Ferrum 68
Records: Roanoke 6-2 / 2-0 ODAC| Ferrum 1-8 / 0-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke used a big second-half to upend Ferrum 82-68 in ODAC action on Wednesday.
How it Happend
- Ferrum came out firing and used an 10-0 run to open up a 19-11 lead following back-to-back three-pointers from Steven Gilbert and Trey Barnhardt nine minutes into the contest.
- Roanoke rallied and used a 13-3 run and took the lead 24-23 after a three-point play by Jeremy Littlejohn with 6:32 to play in the half.
- The reminder of the half was tight with neither team able to open up more than a two point lead.
- Josh Freund sent RC to the locker room up 32-30 with a bucket as time expired.
- RC opened up the second-half by outscoring Ferrum 12-3 thanks to a pair of three-pointers by C.J. Miles and a three-pointer from Dillon Thomas that made the score 44-33 with just over 16 minutes to go in the game.
- With the score 50-42, RC got a basket from Freund, a three-pointer from Miles and a layup by Price what would make the score 57-42 with 12:17 to play.
- The Panthers went on a 9-2 run to cut the RC lead to 59-51 with 10 minutes to go but the Maroons reeled off nine straight points to seal the win, taking a 68-51 advantage when Freund made a pair of free-throws with 7:42 left in the game.
- Freund finished with 26 points and 16 rebounds, including 9-of-11 shooting from the floor. Miles finished with 22 points, including 17 in the second-half. Nick Price added 12 points to go along eight assists in the win.
- Roanoke shot 60% (27-of-45) on the night, including 66.7% in the second-half when it made 16-of-24 field goal attempts. Ferrum was 24-of-54 on the night, including a 16-of-40 mark from the three-point line.
- Ferrum was paced by Marcus Huff with 22 points, while Rashad Reed had 13 points in the loss.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Saturday with an ODAC tilt at home against Virginia Wesleyan at 2:00 p.m.