Score: Roanoke 72, Averett 46
Records: Roanoke 5-2 | Averett 0-6
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Josh Freund had 21 points to go along with 11 rebounds as Roanoke topped Averett 72-46 Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened
- With the score 25-22 Roanoke with just over seven minutes to play in the first half, a three-pointer by Jeremy Littlejohn sparked what proved to be an 11-2 run by the Maroons that was capped by a pair of C.J. Miles free-throws that made the score 36-24 at the 3:36 mark.
- Roanoke led 38-30 at the half and would open up the second-half with a 19-6 run with a Tripp Greene layup putting RC up 57-36 with just under 10 minutes to go in the game.
- The Maroons lead would hit as many as 28 when Charlie Mendys connected on a three-pointer with just over a minute to go.
- Littlejohn joined Freund in double-figures with 12 points off the bench. Joe Mikalauskas and Brandon Harrell each had seven points, while Dillon Thomas and Nick Price each dished out four assists. RC shot 48.9% for the game, making 23-of-47 shots on the night. RC also assisted on 11 of its 23 made field goals.
- Averett was paced by Isaiah Jones with 15 points and nine rebounds. Timothy Henry had 10 points off the bench for AU which shot 29.8%, making 17-of-57 shots. The Cougars also committed 19 turnovers in the loss.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Ferrum in ODAC play on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.