Score: Roanoke 93, Hampden-Sydney 48
Records: Roanoke 3-2 / 1-0 ODAC | Hampden-Sydney 2-2 / 0-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Six different Maroons scored in double-figures as Roanoke topped Hampden-Sydney 93-48 Sunday in ODAC Men's Hoops action in Salem.
How it Happened
- With the score 8-7 Maroons with 14 minutes to play in the first half, Roanoke went on a 22-2 run over the course of the next seven minutes, opening up a 30-9 lead on a basket by Nick Price.
- A Joe Mikalauskas bucket with under 10 seconds to go in the half sent RC to the locker room leading 42-21.
- H-SC used an 8-1 run to start the second half to cut the RC lead to 43-29.
- The Maroons responded with a 23-2 run, pushing its lead to 66-31 following a pair of free-throws from Dillon Thomas with 8:24 to go in the game.
- Two more free throws by Thomas with 6:25 to play extended the Maroon lead to 38.
- C.J. Miles scored a team-high 16 points for the Maroons. Mikalauskas scored 14, while Josh Freund and Tripp Greene each had 12. Thomas finished with 11 and Nick Price had 10 for RC. RC held a 45-22 edge on the glass, thanks to Freund's game-high 14 rebounds.
- RC shot 50.8% from the field, making 32-of-63 shots, including 13-of-32 from behind the three-point line. On the defensive side of the ball, H-SC had 22 turnovers and the Maroons had 15 steals led by Price with five.
- H-SC was led by Jake Hahn with 17 points, while Warren Zager had 11. H-SC was 19-of-52 (36.5%) for the game from the floor.
Up Next: Roanoke will be on the road Tuesday for a 7:00 p.m. game at Southern Virginia.