Score: Roanoke 88, College of Staten Island 57
Records: Roanoke 2-2 | College of Staten Island 0-4
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke used a 26-3 run to open up the second half and go on to an 88-57 win over The College of Staten Island in the consolation game of the 2018 Dick Leftwich Tip-Off Tournament in Salem.
How it Happened
- Five different Maroons scored in double-figures led by all-tournament team selection Josh Freund who had a game-high 18 points. Joe Mikalauskas and C.J. Miles each had 12 points, while Brandon Harrell and Tripp Greene each added 10 points.
- The Maroons shot 52.9% for the game, including a 66.7% showing in the decisive second-half as RC made 16-of-24 shots.
- The Dolphins were led by Christian Taylor who had 11 points. Andrew Kartalis had 10 points as well. CSI shot 41.3% for the afternoon, making 19-of-46 shots from the floor.
- A Mikalauskas three-pointer made the score 21-13 with 10:32 to go in the first half.
- The Dolphins rallied and took a 31-30 lead on a Karalis three-pointer with just over two minutes to play in the half. RC would then score five of the final six points of the half to take a 36-32 into the locker room.
- A three-pointer by Miles to open the second-half sparked the big run that saw the Maroons take a 62-35 lead following a Kieran Turner bucker with 11:30 to play in the game.
- The Maroons lead would reach 30 when a Dillon Thomas basket made the score 77-47 with 4:39 to play.
- Emory took home the tournament title with a win over Keuka.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Hampden-Sydney in its ODAC opener Nov. 25 at 4:30 p.m.
Christian Taylor, CSI
Josh Freund, RC
James Barnes, KC
Matt Dovat, EU
Trevor Powell, KC
Romin Williams, EC - MOP