Score: Keuka 58, Roanoke 54
Records: Roanoke 1-2 | Keuka 1-0
Location: Salem, Va. | Dick Leftwich Tip-Off
The Lead: Keuka knocked off Roanoke 58-54 in the opening game of the Dick Leftwich Tournament in Salem.
How it Happened
- Roanoke was led by Josh Freund who had 17 points to go along with nine rebounds. Joe Mikalauskas and Jorden Davis each finished with 14 points for the Maroons. RC shot just 33.9% for the game, making 19-of-56 shots, including 8-of-31 from behind the three-point line.
- Keuka got 15 points from David Oliveras and 11 points from James Barnes. The Wolves shot 45.2% on the night, making 19-of-42 shots. Trevor Powell grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds in the win as well.
- Roanoke jumped out to an 8-2 lead when Davis knocked down a three-pointer with just under 16 minutes to play in the first half.
- Keuka responded by scoring the next seven points, pulling ahead 9-8 on a Ryder Mansfield bucket.
- The remainder of the first-half would be close with neither team able to open up more than a four-point lead. A Mansfield basket with under a minute to go sent Keuka to the locker room up 27-25.
- Roanoke opened the second-half with a 9-2 run, taking a 35-29 lead on a Dillon Thomas three-pointer. Keuka responded with a 10-3 run to take a 39-38 lead with 13 minutes to play.
- The game was close through the remainder of the second half and with RC up 52-51, Trevor Powell gave Keuka the lead for good with six minutes to go in the game as RC was held to just one field goal down the stretch.
Up Next: Roanoke will play in the consolation game at 1:00 p.m. versus either Emory or the College of Staten Island.