Score: Roanoke 90, Clarks Summit 47
Records: Roanoke 1-1 | Clarks Summit 0-2
Location: Grantham, Pa. | Messiah College Tournament
The Lead: Four players scored in double-figures as Roanoke ran by Clarks Summit 90-47 in the consolation game of the Messiah College Tournament on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- A Tripp Greene three-pointer capped a 19-0 run to start the game for the Maroons.
- Greene scored a bucket at the 8:36 mark to put RC up 28-5.
- The Maroons would hold a 45-16 lead at the end of the first half after holding Clarks Summit to just 23.8% (5-of-21) shooting. RC made 16-of-31 shots from the field, including nine three-pointers through the first 20 minutes.
- Greene connected on a three-pointer with just under 14 minutes to play in the game and extended the RC lead to 61-38.
- Josh Freund led RC with 14 points on the day. Greene had 13, C.J. Miles had 12 and Max Menzel had 10. Twelve different Maroons scored in the win. RC shot 55.9% for the game making 33-of-59 shots, including 12-of-25 from beyond the arc.
- Defensively, RC capitalized on 28 Clarks Summit turnovers that led to 33 Maroon points.
- Reed Plantz and Donovan McCrae each scored 11 points for Clarks Summit which finished the game shooting 37.2% (16-of-43) for the game.
Up Next: Roanoke will host the annual Dick Leftwich Tip-Off Tournament next Friday and Saturday, Nov. 16-17. RC will take on Keuka at 6:00 p.m. on Friday. The College of Staten Island and Emory (Ga.) will square off at 8:00 p.m.