Score: No. 2 Roanoke 87,| No. 7 Lynchburg 75
Records: Roanoke 19-7 | Lynchburg 15-12
Location: Salem, Va. | Salem Civic Center
The Lead: No. 2 Roanoke used a big second-half to upend No. 7 Lynchburg 87-75 in the Quarterfinals of the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) Men's Basketball Tournament Friday evening. Roanoke advances to the semifinals to face Washington and Lee at 8:00 p.m. The win is the 10th in a row for the Maroons.
How it Happened
- The first-half featured six ties and eight lead changes. Lynchburg took the largest advantage by either team when a Jesse Chase three-pointer made the score 22-15 with 9:20 to go in the half.
- Roanoke went on a 7-0 run and took a 24-22 lead after a pair of free-throws by C.J. Miles with 6:35 on the clock.
- The game was tied at 35-35 at the intermission. RC would then open the second-stanza with a 22-8 run, pushing ahead 57-43 on a three-pointer by Joe Mikalauskas with 12:25 to go in the game.
- Lynchburg cut the lead to nine at 62-53 with just over 10 minutes to play. RC would go on an 11-3 run jumping ahead 73-56 on a Douglas Elks layup with just under eight minutes on the clock.
- LC pulled within 12 with 5:31 to play but RC scored eight of the next 11 points to put the game away.
- Roanoke was led by Josh Freund who had 20 points and 17 rebounds. Miles finished with 15 points, Caleb Jordan had 13, Mikalauskas added 11 and Elks came off the bench to score 10.
- Lynchburg got a game-high 28 points from Connor Schroeder who had six of LC's 18 three-pointers on the night.
- RC shot 47.6% for the game, knocking down 30-of-63 shots from the floor. LC shot 45.3%, including 18-of-37 from behind the three-point line.
Up Next: No. 2 Roanoke will face No. 3 Washington and Lee in the ODAC semifinals Saturday evening at 8 p.m. at the Salem Civic Center.