Score: Roanoke 72, Randolph 60
Records: Roanoke 17-7 / 10-5 ODAC | Randolph 6-18 / 3-12 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va. | Cregger Center
The Lead: Roanoke earned its eighth straight win with a 72-60 ODAC win over Randolph on senior night.
How it Happened
- With the score tied at 23 and six minutes remaining in the first-half, Randolph went on an 8-2 run, pushing ahead 31-25 on a Ryan Fields jumper at the 3:56 mark.
- A three-point play by C.J. Miles sparked an 11-0 run by the Maroons to close the half. That run would be capped off by a Josh Freund steal which led to an outlet pass to Brandon Harrell who converted a layup as time expired, giving RC a 36-31 lead at the break.
- Roanoke opened the second-half with a 9-1 run, going up 45-32 following a Jorden Davis three-pointer.
- A Freund basket made the score 52-38 with 12:38 to go in the game.
- With RC leading 59-48, Randolph was able to get back-to-back baskets to pull within seven at 59-52 with 7:43 to go.
- That would be as close as Randolph would get as Roanoke reeled off six unanswered points with a Freund jumper putting the Maroons back on top by 13 points with just under four minutes to play.
- Freund led RC with a game-high 21 points and 15 rebounds. Miles and Davis each finished with 16 points. RC shot 48.9% for the game, making 22-of-45 shots on the night.
- Randolph got 15 points from Fields and 14 from Sammy Hooper. RC held the WidCats to 35.5% shooting (22-for-62).
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Saturday when it travels to Hampden-Sydney for a 2:00 p.m. game to cap off the regular season.