Score: Roanoke 100 | Lynchburg 74
Records: Roanoke 14-7, 7-5 ODAC | Lynchburg 11-10, 5-7 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke tied a school record with 18 three-pointers to run past Lynchburg 100-74 Wednesday night in ODAC Men's Basketball action.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke got off to a hot start with a 20-10 lead over the Hornets seven minutes into the game when Josh Freund completed a three-point play.
- With the score 39-26 with four minutes to go in the half, RC would finish the first stanza with a 16-5 run, taking a 55-31 lead into the locker room following a Freund bucket in the closing seconds of the first-half.
- Roanoke maintained a 20-point lead throughout the second half with back-to-back buckets by Joe Mikalauskas pushing the RC advantage to 79-55 with 10 minutes to go in the game.
- For Roanoke, Mikalauskas led the way with 20 points, followed by Jorden Davis with 19 points and 5 steals. Freund added a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. C.J. Miles had 15 points, while Colton Reed came off the bench to score 14.
- RC shot 59% from the field for the game, while the 18 three-pointers ties the mark of 18 set against Guilford last season. Six different Maroons made a three on the night, led by Davis with five.
- The Hornets were led by Connor Schroeder who had 17 points. Devante' Young added 13, while Logan Seacrist had 12.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Washington and Lee on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.