Score: Roanoke 76 | No. 19 Emory & Henry 68
Records: Roanoke 13-7, 6-5 ODAC | Emory & Henry 18-2, 10-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va. | Cregger Center
The Lead: Roanoke took down No. 19 Emory & Henry 76-68 in an ODAC match-up Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- With the score 23-18 Wasps just past the midway point of the first-half, E&H put together a 13-4 run, taking a 36-22 advantage following two free-throws from Chase Branscomb with six minutes to go.
- Emory & Henry led 40-28 with 1:32 to go in the first stanza before buckets by Colton Reed and C.J. Miles sent the teams to the break with E&H up 40-32.
- Roanoke opened the second-half with a 9-2 run, cutting its deficit to one at 42-41 when Joe Mikalauskas made a basket three minutes into the half.
- A Branscomb bucket made the score 51-45 with 14:42 to play in the game before RC used an 11-3 spurt to jump ahead 56-54 on a Caleb Jordan layup with 10:36 to go.
- With the score tied at 56-56, Caleb Jordan hit a three-pointer to spark a 9-2 run that gave Roanoke the final lead at 63-58 with 7:49 remaining. RC made five free throws in the final 37 seconds to secure the win.
- Freund scored a team-high 25 points paired with a game-high 16 rebounds while Jordan and Miles each had 15 points.
- Chase Branscomb tallied a game-high 26 points and 12 rebounds as the Wasps held a 42-33 advantage on the glass. Daniel Spencer and John Shelor also contributed 11 points apiece.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Shenandoah at 1 p.m. on Saturday during Alumni Day and Maroon Madness at the Cregger Center.