Score: Roanoke 73 | Eastern Mennonite 65
Records: Roanoke 12-7, 5-5 ODAC | Eastern Mennonite 8-10, 3-7 ODAC
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
The Lead: Four Maroons scored in double-digits, headed by Freund with 21, as Roanoke defeated EMU 73-65 Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- Josh Freund led the Maroons with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Jorden Davis added 14 points while Joe Mikalauskas and Caleb Jordan contributed 11 and 10, respectively.
- Roanoke shot 56.4% on the day going 31-for-55 while holding the Royals to 40.0% who went 22-for-55.
- Isaiah Harris-Winn recorded 16 points and 13 rebounds as EMU owned a 37-28 advantage on the glass. Maleke Jones joined Harris-Winn in double-digits with 15 points.
- Neither team was able to take more than a four-point lead through the first 13 minutes of play before a three from Harris-Winn made it 28-21 EMU.
- Roanoke responded scoring 11 of the next 13 points as a three-pointer from Brandon Harrell gave RC a 32-30 advantage with 2:28 remaining.
- Rashawn Latimer hit a shot from behind the arc in the final seconds of the first half to send the teams into the locker rooms even at 35.
- RC opened the second half with a 17-3 run over the first five minutes, highlighted by threes from Davis, Miles, and Mikalauskas to make it 52-38.
- EMU brought it within one following a three from Maleke to make it 59-58 with 6:28 left.
- Freund and Jordan each made back-to-back buckets to push ahead 72-65 in the final three minutes. Roanoke held EMU scoreless through the final 2:17 to secure the win.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Emory & Henry at 7 p.m on Wednesday, Jan. 31.