Score: Roanoke 90 | Washington and Lee 54
Records: Roanoke 11-7, 4-5 ODAC | Washington and Lee 12-6, 7-2 ODAC
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: Men's Basketball rolled to a 90-54 ODAC win over Washington and Lee Wednesday night on the road.
How it Happened:
- Four Maroons scored in double-digits headed by C.J. Miles with 18 points and Joe Mikalauskas with 17 points, Jorden Davis had 14 and Josh Freund added 10.
- Roanoke shot 58.1% for the game going 36-for-62 from the field while holding the Generals to just 34.4% ( 21-for-61).
- A Mikalauskas lay-up with 15:41 left in the first half sparked a 15-0 run over the next four minutes, capped by a three-pointer from Davis, to give Roanoke a 24-8 advantage.
- With the score 44-32, RC scored eight of the first ten points in the second half to extend the lead to 53-34 after a jumper from Caleb Jordan with 17 minutes left.
- The Maroons went on to score 18 unanswered points started by back-to-back lay-ups from Freund to extend the gap to 71-36 with eight minutes to go.
- A lay-up from Freund gave Roanoke its biggest lead of the day to make it 79-42 with 4:44 left.
- Clayton Murtha scored a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Generals while Devin Kearns added 11 points.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Eastern Mennonite on Saturday for a 2 p.m. tip-off in Harrisonburg.