Score: Roanoke 67, Bridgewater 59
Records: Roanoke 10-7 / 3-5 ODAC | Bridgewater 10-7 / 4-4 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Josh Freund scored 23 points and grabbed 19 rebounds to lead Roanoke to 67-59 ODAC road win at Bridgewater on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- The score was tied at 14 with just under 13 minutes to go in the first-half when Roanoke went on a 10-0 run, opening up a 24-14 lead on a three-pointer by C.J. Miles.
- Back-to-back buckets by Freund and Joey Miller to close the first-half sent RC to the halftime break with a 35-24 advantage.
- Roanoke opened up a 15 point lead when an Eli Sumpter layup made the score 45-30 with 13 minutes to go in the game.
- Bridgewater responded with a 22-6 run over the next seven minutes as the Eagles pulled ahead 52-51 on a Dimetri Chambers jumper with just under six minutes left in the contest.
- A pair of Freund free-throws tied the game at 59 with 2:06 to play. After an RC defensive stop on the other end of the floor, Miles connected on a three-pointer to give RC the lead for good at 62-59.
- Bridgewater had a chance to tie the game on its ensuing possession but Chambers' three-point attempt missed and Miles would make the first of five Roanoke free-throws in the final 50 seconds to seal the game.
- Freund was joined in double-figures by Miles and Joe Mikalauskas who each had 10 points. Mikalauskas also grabbed seven rebounds to help RC to a 43-39 edge on the glass.
- Chambers led BC with 12 points, while Chandler Murray and Josh Cammon each had 10 for the Eagles.
- RC shot 42.6% for the game, making 23-of-54 shots. BC was 20-of-62 (32.3%) from the floor.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Wednesday when it travels to Washington and Lee for a 7:00 p.m. game.