Score: Guilford 77, Roanoke 65
Records: Roanoke 9-7 / 2-5 ODAC | Guilford 8-8 / 4-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Alston Thompson had 19 points and 10 rebounds to lead Guilford to a 77-65 ODAC road win at Roanoke on Thursday night.
How it Happened
- With RC leading 5-4 early, Guilford strung together a 10-3 run with back-to-back three-pointers by Will Leckonby making the score 15-7 Quakers.
- RC rallied scoring 11 of the next 15 points, pulling within one at 19-18 on a C.J. Miles three-pointer with 7:30 to play in the half.
- Guilford closed the half on an 8-2 run with a Mason Reyer three-pointer in the final seconds sending GC to the break leading 39-29.
- GC scored the first five points of the second-half to open up a 44-29 edge.
- With the score 46-37 in favor of the Quakers, Guilford went on a 12-3 run, pushing ahead 58-40 on a Marcus Curry jumper with 10:38 to go in the game.
- RC chipped away and was able to pull within nine with 2:32 to go but GC would make 12 free-throws in the last two minutes to seal the win.
- The Maroons, who shot just 38.0% for the game, making 19-of-50 attempts from the floor, was led by Miles who had 20 points. Joe Mikalauskas had 12 points, while Jorden Davis added nine off the bench.
- Guilford got 19 points from Thompson and 16 from Curry and Leckonby. GC outrebounded RC 43-30 with Thompson grabbing a game-high 13 boards.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to ODAC play on Saturday when it travels to Bridgewater for a 2:00 tip-off.