Score: Emory & Henry 75, Roanoke 73
Records: Roanoke 8-6 / 1-4 ODAC | R/V Emory & Henry 13-1 / 5-0 ODAC
Location: Emory, Va.
The Lead: Josh Freund finished with 33 points and 17 rebounds but Emory & Henry slipped by Roanoke 75-73 in ODAC Men's Basketball action on Tuesday.
How it Happened
- Freund sets career-highs for the second straight game as he was 15-of-23 from the field. His 33 points are the fourth highest total by an ODAC player in a game this season.
- Joe Mikalauskas finished with a career-best 14 points, while Colton Reed chipped with eight points of his own.
- Roanoke was 28-of-61 (45.9%) from the floor as a team and went 12-of-14 from the foul line. The Wasps went to the line 28 times, making 19 attempts. E&H finished the game 25-of-55 from the field.
- The Wasps were able to open up an 11 point lead when a Chase Branscomb basket made it a 32-21 with 6:36 to go in the first half.
- RC was able to chip away and close the game to six points following a Freund bucket in the closing seconds that sent the teams to the break with E&H up 39-33.
- The game was tight throughout the second-half with E&H holding a 69-63 lead with 5:25 left to go in the game.
- Freund then rattled off eight consecutive points on his own, sending RC to a 71-69 lead with 3:12 to go.
- The Wasps scored the next six points to gain the lead for good, pushing to a 75-71 advantage with 44 seconds to go.
- Branscomb finished the game with 27 points, while Alic Wynn had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Virginia Wesleyan at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.