Score: Roanoke 3, Virginia Wesleyan 0
Records: Roanoke 11-7 / 4-4 ODAC | Virginia Wesleyan 5-13 / 2-6 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Three first-half goals propelled Roanoke to a 3-0 win over Virginia Wesleyan on Senior Day in Salem.
How it Happed:
- Roanoke got the only goal it would need at the 10:39 mark when Emilee Wooten slipped a pass to Martha Hurley who was then able to push a shot pass VWU keeper Maura Bridges and make it 1-0.
- Wooten figured in the second Maroon goal as well. In the 25th minute, she was able to get through the Marlin defense for a point blank shot that was stopped by Bridges, but Katie Martin was there to collect the rebound and score to push the RC lead to 2-0.
- Less than five minutes later Wooten scored off a rebound of her own shot that put RC out in front 3-0.
- The Roanoke defense made the lead hold up led by goalkeeper Emma Clark who made five saves in the third quarter as the Marlins briefly pressured the RC defense.
- RC held an 8-6 edge in shots, while each team had two penalty corners.
- Bridges finished with three saves for VWU.
Up Next: Roanoke will await the pairings for the 2019 ODAC Tournament which is slated to begin on Tuesday, Nov. 5.