Score: Roanoke 5, Eastern Mennonite 1
Records: Roanoke 10-7 / 3-4 ODAC| Eastern Mennonite 5-11 / 1-5 ODAC
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
The Lead: Katie Martin recorded a hat trick as Roanoke topped Eastern Mennonite 5-1 in ODAC action on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- Martin struck for her first goal at the 12:43 mark when she took a pass from Martha Hurley and beat EMU keeper Ann Ghally to give RC a 1-0 lead.
- Martin would collect her second goal of the game just over a minute into the second quarter when she put in a shot off a rebound to put the Maroons out in front 2-0.
- Emilee Wooten notched her first of two goals on the day with just over three minutes left in the first half with an unassisted strike to make it 3-0.
- The Maroons would take that 3-0 lead into the locker room at halftime and it would remain that way until Hurley again set up Martin for a goal with just over a minute left in the third quarter.
- After EMU got a goal to make it 4-1, Wooten rounded out the scoring by converting a penalty stroke at the 49:40 mark.
- RC outshot EMU 36-7 and held a 10-2 edge in penalty corners.
- Emma Clark made three saves in the cage for the Maroons, while Ghally made 17 stops for the Royals.
Up Next: Roanoke closes out its regular season next Saturday when it hosts Virginia Wesleyan at 1:00 p.m. on Senior Day.