Score: Roanoke 7 , Ferrum 0
Records: Roanoke 9-7/ 2-4 ODAC | Ferrum 2-13 / 0-6 ODAC
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke College Field Hockey knocked off nearby Ferrum 7-0 in ODAC action on Wednesday evening.
How it Happened:
- The Maroons needed just 1:56 to get on the board when Claire Eisenhart set up Hannah Bunten for a goal to give the Maroons a 1-0 lead.
- Emilee Wooten doubled the RC lead just over seven minutes later when she tallied her 14th goal of the season to give the Maroons a 2-0 lead.
- Bunten struck again at the 20:35 mark to give RC a 3-0 lead before Wooten would set up Martha Hurley for a goal less than two minutes later to make it a 4-0 Maroon advantage.
- Wooten notched her second assist of the game when she set up Lauren Heffron for a goal with just 10 seconds left in the half, sending the teams to the intermission with RC up 5-0.
- The score stayed that way until back-to-back goals in a 1:04 span by Katie Martin gave the Maroons a 7-0 advantage lead with just over eight minutes to play in the game.
- Roanoke held a 26-1 edge in shots and led in penalty corners 8-0.
- Emma Clark, Hannah Roerden and Campbell Whyte combined to pick up the shutout in the cage for the Maroons.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to Eastern Mennonite for a 2:00 p.m. ODAC matchup.